1. Tell us about your background before Testify. Share with us briefly about your entrepreneurial journey and inception story of Testify.
Garima and I started up in the year 2013 with Viralcurry, a digital marketing company. Under Viralcurry, we worked with many brands like Jabong, Askme, Snapdeal, Max Life Insurance Ai??and so on. We also won an award by CMO Asia in the year 2015. During our twoAi??year journey at Viralcurry, we learnt the virtues of building up a team, striving for Ai?? excellence in everything that you do, a ai???never give upai??i?? attitude and scaling up startups.
Testify was started with the thought of enabling users to share their experiences in a better manner on the internet. We wanted users to express more in the form of nicely done videos.
2. What is Testify all about? Tell us in detail about the services offered and clients?
Testify is a video editing and short video community app. Users can trim, crop, fast forward, use slow motion, add stickers, add music and subtitles to their videos. Along with creating amazing videos, users can also upload and share their videos within the Testify appai??i??s community. They can create their own profiles, follow other creators, like/comment/share their videos and view their videos.
It is a small video social network which lets users do more and express more with videos.
The app has 65000 users currently from all over the world and is growing at a very fast pace. There are many engaged users who are using the app more than 3 hours per week and the trend is growing.
3. Video sharing is fast becoming a trend. What are your views on new innovations in content sharing online?
Yes, video viewing and sharing have been increasing manifold through the years. Statistics suggest that from the year 2012 to 2014, video viewing on the internet has been increased by 400%paxil reviews, order dapoxetine . Yes, video viewing has become a whopping 4 times!
As a result, content creators have also started getting more engagement on videos instead of pictures and text, thus leading to more sharing of video content.
We spoke to many bloggers, content creators etc., while building this app and everyone said that videos with different effects, features etc., are more viewed by the users. Thatai??i??s why we are giving many innovative features to the users to create niche videos.
4. What is your competition in the market? What is it that sets you apart from your competitors?
We are targeting a global market and thus our competitors are video editing and community apps like Vine, Flipagram, Vivavideo etc. Most of these apps are either editors or community apps. We are giving both in one app which makes us unique. In addition to that, most editors available in the market end the possibilities of sharing after editing the video, we give multiple discovery options to the creator right after creating his/her video thus increasing the engagement and retention of the users on our app.
5. What is the business model of Testify? Can you briefly summarize the growth achieved in both volume and value from Day 1 till now?
Testify app is currently pre-revenue and we are fiddling with multiple revenue models right now. Some of the revenue models that we are considering are: Freemium, Subscription and sponsored content. We will implement these models one by one in the coming months and see what works without compromising the userai??i??s experience on the app.
6. How has been your beginnerai??i??s journey? What were the challenges you faced in setting up and scaling up your enterprise? Any hurdle that you faced or still facing?
There are multiple hurdles and challenges. Startup is a challenge in itself. From finding the right tech talent to managing the correct server configuration, everything is a challenge. We face small challenges every day, like if a user has to tap twice on a feature, he might not do it at all. So we go pixel by pixel, bit by bit and still keep optimizing the experience and ultimately, every little thing makes a difference.
7. Can you tell us about your other founders/core team, their background and rich experience?
We have seed stage funding from some amazing individual investors who have been there done that and it is a great experience working with them. Investors trust the team, they arenai??i??t necessarily looking for a perfect product, but a passionate team to create the best product that they are capable of.
9. Any other areas or initiatives that you plan to venture in future?
We actually have co-working spaces in Delhi, to help and foster other startups. These co-working spaces (Cowork Delhi and Team Up Delhi) are acting as a hub of entrepreneurship, breeding a real hustle culture and it makes us very happy to play a role in developing the countryai??i??s startup scene.
10. What will Testify look like in 10 years from now? All perspectives ai??i?? people, business, revenue, team, size or anything you foresee for the venture.
10 years is a long time, technology will grow leaps and bounds by then!! Still, we just aim to touch a big portion of the world and stay abreast with the latest technology. We foresee Testify to be not just a video sharing platform, but like an opportunity for people to express themselves in a better way on the internet.
11. Any school/ campus-connect initiatives that you are pursuing or plan to pursue?
Yes, we have many students from Delhi University, IP University, IIT-D, BITS-Pilani who are actively interning with the app to spread the word in their respective colleges. We are looking forward to engaging with more than 100 interns in the coming months from all over the country.
12. Any experience or advice you would like to share with soon to be start-up founders out there?
Bigger the risk, sweeter the result. Always believe in yourself, even when nothing is going right, just believe. If you wonai??i??t believe in yourself, do you think others will?